The property dates back to the 1790 with architectural features of the House of the reclamation of the Valdichiana more known as “House Leopoldina” with a central tower shaped hipped roof “Cloister-vault”, and with its rural outbuildings used until 1970 for drying tobacco, all surrounded by a 1.5 hectare plot with garden of native plants perfectly cured, an orchard and an area for outdoor dining room equipped with a gazebo.
Situated in Montepulciano whose history dates back to the Etruscans (4th century BC), is famous for its excellent vineyards producing the Vino Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG. Montepulciano, Siena, lies at an altitude of 605 metres and is located between the Valdichiana and the Val d’Orcia.
This type of property, of which there is a very wide historiographic documents, historical heritage unique in the world, is a peculiarity of Tuscan countryside called della Valdichiana: were the first rural houses that, in 1700, sprang up among the farms in following the continuation of the reclamation of the Valdichiana by the Grand Duke of Tuscany Peter Leopold I of Lorraine.
The main villa of 724 square meters. trading was perfectly and elegantly restored with arches, vaults and crosses and luxury amenities. The renovation of the property has followed the principles of bio-architecture and all the materials used are natural and eco-friendly in the spirit of an ecologically sustainable use, supplemented by an electrical systems made with demotic BTicino, world leader in the sector. The villa is part of the cadastre Leopoldino of Florence which has only 120 original houses of similar type, but this is a real masterpiece in Val di Chiana: is one of the few survivors who kept untouched the brick vaults dating year of construction.
The Villa has three floors, the ground floor and first floor measure 334 sqm, plus a “Dovecot” measuring 56 square meters (livable and usable as studio, which offers unbeatable views both out of Montepulciano for Cortona). In the Villa you enter the ground floor through a main entrance, where there is a toilet for guests, which opens into a hallway to a spacious (24 sqm) and modern Italian design kitchen, a dining room (24 sqm) before entering into an im West 147mq salon, consisting of three adjacent areas separated by arches with a monumental fireplace.
The entire ground floor is open plan, made even more pleasant by the choice of using a white resin seamless flooring. Also located on the ground floor there is a laundry and an interesting room, with a separate external access, currently used as a warehouse but it can easily become a liveable area, already prepared according with en suite bathroom, for possible Maid or janitor.
On the first floor is reached by a beautiful original stone staircase. Magnificent is the large living room with a height of over four meters, with its original fireplace, the corners of which you get to four bedrooms with bathroom and master bedroom (45 sqm.), preceded by a two-storey wardrobe with one bathroom (5 MQ.) that precedes the large bathroom (24 square metres). The master bedroom is accessed via a staircase, “colombaia” (56 sqm.) well lit.
The complex also has two annexes, with a total of 194 square meters, still partly to be reclaimed but in good condition. In some of these there is the pellet boiler can heat the whole House and connected with a system where you can customize the activation in the various areas of the House, and water plants.